Impure Skin Do you have impure skin or are you interested in how you can recognize it? Then you’ve come to the right place with this blog post. Here we would like to give you an understanding of your skin type and also introduce you to our “Impure Skin” care ritual, with which you can incorporate cleansing and care of your skin as a routine in your everyday life.
- The impure skin
- Oily-greasy skin
- Dry-oily skin
- Healthy skin
- Dos and Don’ts for the skin
- Our care ritual
The impure skin
Impurities are often caused by an overproduction of the sebaceous glands – the skin becomes oily. If the excess skin oil settles in the pores of the facial skin, this can promote the development of blackheads. In addition, the skin is more susceptible to inflammation, such as the colloquially known “pimples”. The appearance of the skin can be hereditary or influenced by hormonal changes. Food and certain cosmetic products also have their influence on valley production. An advantage of this skin pattern is that it is more resistant to weather conditions. In addition, the skin does not dry out, which delays the aging process of the skin.
Oily skin can be divided into two different categories: oily-greasy and dry-oily skin.
Oily-greasy skin (= seborrhea oleosa)
The positive properties of oily-greasy skin are its resistance and delayed aging process. This means that the skin is better protected against environmental influences such as cold and heat and remains wrinkle-free for longer. However, oily-greasy skin is often, due to lack of circulation, pale and more prone to inflammation (like pimples) and blackheads. Along with the inflammation, redness of the skin often develops. Due to the overproduction of skin fat, the skin is incidentally very rich in water, which also distributes the fat into the scalp hair. This will make the hair greasy faster.
Oily skin guide
Do not use mechanical peels too frequently. This can result in increased sebum production. Less is often more. We recommend the use of a peeling about 2-3 times a week.
- Regular and thorough cleaning of the skin with mild products
- Avoid stress
- Switch to peels with enzyme or fruit acids if inflammation is severe
- Drink enough (mineral water, juices or tea)
- Pay attention to a balanced nutrition
- Sports activity in the fresh air
- Avoid smoking
Dry oily skin (= seborrhea sicca)
The overproduction of skin fat is mostly seen in the T-zone of the face in dry oily skin. The dry part of the skin is characterized by easily removable scales. The lack of moisture can trigger a feeling of tightness in the skin and promote the development of underlays, such as blackheads. In addition, dry oily skin is prone to redness, inflammation and hypersensitivity.
- Avoid stress
- Relaxation exercises, such as yoga
- Avoid long periods of exposure to direct sunlight
- Ensure a balanced nutrition and drink enough water
- Limit consumption of alcohol and nicotine
- Regularly do sports
Our skin not only protects us from external influences, but is also our largest organ at the same time. It provides for a regulated heat exchange and for the transpiration process.
Our skin is built up in three layers. The top layer, the so-called epidermis consists of 90% horny layer and renews itself regularly. The dermis forms the second layer, which provides elastic skin through its connective tissue fibers. It is particularly affected by the natural aging process of the skin. The subcutis serves as cold protection and energy storage and consists of loose connective and fatty tissue.
Do's und Don'ts for the skin
- Sun protection
- drink enough (min. 1,5L/day)
- healthy, balanced nutrition
- Relaxation (e.g. yoga, walks)
- physical activity
- UV radiation (to a high extent)
- unhealthy nutrition
- long, hot showers
Our care ritual
Special skincare (as additional care)
- Use to exfoliate your skin our Enzym Peeling
- As face mask we recommend our Florida Clay Mask
- We recommend our Serum O for optimizing
- Use our Lip Balm as treatment our night mask for the lips (additionally protects sun-sensitive lips)
- Among our 100% pure natural oils, we rcommend our Melissa oil to soothe and strengthen the skin.